Apr 17, 2009

Spring has Sprung at the Missouri Botanical Gardens

Anyone who knows me (this is Ashley writing) knows that I LOVE taking pictures, especially of flowers and outdoorsy things. I have been to the Missouri Botanical Gardens three times, but have been wanting to explore the gardens when tulips were in bloom (and take hundreds of pictures). Living in Florida all my life I only had the pleasure of tulips being sold at your local supermarket or street corner vendor and with my mom's love of tulips I just wanted to see what the fuss was all about. So, a few Friday's ago we decided to take a trip across the river to good ol' Missouri to see what was beginning blossom.

As soon as you step foot into the gardens you were smacked in the face with these bright orange and yellow tulips that were just beautiful. I think this color of tulip was by far my favorite of all... plus they definitely made for a great photo. Not all tulips were at peek bloom so I can imagine what all the flowers look like now, now that they have had two weeks to take in the rays and water.

Aside from the tulips, cherry blossoms and daffodils were livening the botanical gardens with the different shades of pinks and yellows. The botanical gardens also frequently updates their "Plants In Bloom" page so people like me can see all the flowers currently blooming and decide if I want to go take pictures or wait a little while longer for different ones to pop up.

Even though there has still been a hint of chill in the air here in Illinois, going to the Botanical Gardens has helped with knowing warmth is on its way (not yet ready for that summer warmth though). Wish everyone could have gone with us because it definitely was a beautiful sight. I am hoping to make it there one last time before "springtime" is over so be on the look at for more bright and colorful pictures.



0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP