May 4, 2011

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere!

Ever since moving back to St. Louis I have been itching to go to the Missouri Botanical Gardens to put my new camera to use. Sunday happened to work out best even though Andrew had to work... but for once it wasn't raining! Although it was a weekend, the gardens weren't super busy, yet. I paid my $4 to get in and headed off to my favorite areas. Disappointment began to set in when I started to realize I was at the tail end of tulip season. I was able to get a few shots of almost dying flowers, but I guess that is better than nothing. My intended target, the Japanese Garden... my favorite! No matter how many pictures I snap while here, I still end up taking the same exact ones just because it is so beautiful. The Temperature House is another great one. It reminds me of Florida because its hot and humid inside with just simple flowers and bright and cheery tiles everywhere.

While walking aroudn I picked up a free tree (basically looks like a small branch that is wrapped in something damp at the base) called a Black Gum. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever get a home because when it matures the width is expected to be 30 to 60 feet and it's not like we have a yard of our own anyways. It's a good idea though and it almost makes me want to plant it in some random field around here.

My last stop before leaving was at a small tent selling some awesomeness! I ordered the mozzarella and chicken dog that was smothered in homemade slaw and honey mustard. They also were selling some pretty delicious looking fresh squeezed juice, but there was carrots in it, so I decided to pass at least this time. I can't wait to go try other things Urban Eats has to offer at their permanent location in Tower Grove. Enjoy the pics!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP